This site is designed for information purposes only. It is not to substitute for medical advice provided by your physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication.
cabbage is a tough vegetable that grows well when planted in fertile soils.
New Weight Loss Formula
Many Hollywood celebrities are using it to jumpstart their weight loss plans.
With the stigma that obesity brings along, many people are overwhelmed of shedding a number of pounds as quickly as possible. This is exactly what the Cabage Soup Diet will do for you.
The cabbage soup diet is programmed to be low in calorie, low in fat, and rich in fiber that is set around the cabbage soup, added with various fruits and veggies on assigned days. The only drinks allowed during the entire diet regime are water and unsweetened fruit juices.
Classically, the advice is to follow the diet only for 7 days. After the said period, the dieter is to resume his original eating habits for a period of at least 2 weeks before returning to the cabbage soup program again.
There are now many different recipes for cabbage soup that exist. However the classic recipe includes the following:
- 6 softball size green onions or 10 medium sized ones
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 1 to 2 standard size of tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- One 10 ounce can of mushrooms
- 1 celery bunch
- Half of a cabbage head
- 1 pack “Lipton soup mix”
- 1 to 2 bouillon cubes (optional)
- Salt and pepper, curry, parsley, garlic powder, curry, etc. for added flavor
The simple and easy-to-follow directions on how to prepare the cabbage soup are enumerated below.
1. Chop green onions. Place the sliced onions in a saucepan and sauté the onions adding a little bit of cooking oil spray.
2. Prepare the green peppers by taking out the seeds and membrane. Chop the green pepper into small bite sized cubes then throw them in to the saucepan together with the sautéed onions.
3. Peel off the outside layers off the cabbage and cut the leaves into pieces roughly the same size as the peppers, then add them to continue sautéing.
4. Clean the carrots. Peel and chop them and add them to the saucepan also.
5. Keep the mushrooms a good size, you can cut them in halves or thirds before throwing them in to the saucepan too.
6. Cayenne pepper or a little bit of curry powder can be added to the brew to give it a little kick. That is, if you want you soup to be a little spicy.
7. The bullion cubes can be used to add flavor to the dish. If you do choose to add this to your cooking, it eliminates the need for additional salt.
8. Add about 12 cups of water and pour inside the pot. Turn the heat to low and let the soup simmer. A two hour period is recommended to make the soup most effective. Add additional salt and pepper for taste.
Claims that tell that the cabbage soup has fat burning qualities are unwarranted. Fact is, weight loss from the Cabbage Soup Diet is a result of muscle mass loss. That is the main reason why the 7 day schedule should be strictly followed. If not, the loss of muscle mass can result into graver circumstances.